May 15, 2013 - Two Years Old
As tradition calls we'll highlight 24 of the most wonderful things you're up to - an easy feat since I can assure you, you're up to way more than 24 things a day sweet child!
- you're full of joy - one of the happiest toddlers we know! Praise the Lord - you certainly paid your dues those first few months of life.
- you're talking in 3-5 word sentences - "no, Daddy. Stop it!" "Cain, Cain, go outside Cain, Cain" "Cat, where's Cat?" "My mommy, Cat"
- you're full speed ahead - you wake most mornings bouncing off the bed rails, ready to meet your day. Full-force. You're all or nothing - just like Mommy:)
- you're a slow waker if we have to wake you - it takes a good 10 minutes or so of sitting before you speed off - just like Daddy.
- you're still sleeping well - unless you have an ear infection - bedtime has moved to 7:30 with the time change and you usually sleep until 6:30-7:00
- no more milk before bed - we cut that out about 3 months ago - you've not missed a beat. However, you reminded us every night for many weeks that you wanted your baba - but no crying.
- you're still addicted to your pappies - much like Sissy - and we're just as addicted - which is not a good thing, but you know what - it'll be okay. There is a big part of Mommy that doesn't want to see them go because it means my baby is growing up - so we'll hang onto them for a few more weeks (who am I kidding? Okay, months!).
- you're laughter is infectious - it's one of the best sounds in the world.
- you're so expressive - your expressions are hysterical and you known the exact moment to use them to get your point across. You're a ton of fun to watch.
- you ADORE Catherine Ellis. You don't know life without her and if she's not around all you ask is "Where's Cat, Mama?" until she is back.
- you're loving and kind - you love to hug your sister first thing in the morning. And you love babies - you will hug anyone that you think needs a hug!
- you're a Mama's girl through and through. You love Daddy, but Mama trumps everything - even food:)
- you're a food-lover! You would eat all day, every day if we let you (we feel the same way!). Your favorite foods right now are: mac and cheese, pizza, strawberries, blueberries, apple sauce, yogurt and cheese. You LOVE cheese!
- you're forward facing in your car seat and the world is finally your oyster - you said "hey, Mama! hey, Daddy! for 15 minutes - you couldn't get over being able to see us!
- you're decently athletic for a two year old - you have a heck of a throw, love to run and play hide and seek.
- you hate to have your face wiped, cleaned, touched.
- you ADORE Cain and Emma. They are usually the first two you ask about when we get you in the mornings "Where Emma? Where Cain?" Cain likes you a lot too, Emma - well she tolerates you well:)
- you're a little Mama. Your teachers tell me that you run the classroom. I think our house is going to have lots of interesting dynamics in the years to come - poor Daddy!
- you love to read - TV doesn't interest you at all - you'd much rather have 15 books read to you than look toward the TV.
- you still have no hair - you have even less hair than Catherine Ellis did at your age! But the little you do have is curly in the back - I'm holding out for curly headed girls!
- you got tubes back in March - you were 22 months old. They haven't helped much - you still have ear infections (two since the surgery), but they do drain your ears and relieve some of the pressure. You had your adenoids removed as well - minutes after the surgery you were able to breathe quietly - something that's been hard for you since you were born.
- you're a size 6.5/7 in shoes and a solid 2 T in clothes - you still have the roundest little belly and it's the cutest thing in the whole wide world. Squishy babies are the BEST!
- you have a thing for shoes just like Catherine Ellis and Daddy - between the three of you we'll be able to open our own shoe shop - shoes catch your eye and especially if they have pretty painted toes in them:)
Child, you are such a wonderful part of our family! We don't know what we'd do without your mischievousness, wonderment and enthusiasm for life. God sure knew what he was doing when he gave us you - we love you as deep as the ocean and as wide as the sky. We can't wait to see what leaps and bounds you make as a two year old! The Psalm we used to announce your birth still rings true today - we are so thankful for the tremendous blessing that you are: