Happy 13 month birthday sweet baby girl!
Daddy and I are furiously trying to hit the pause button, but you keep growing faster and faster every day! We can't believe you're a whole month over a year old - you're getting to be such an independent little girl these days.
We'll celebrate your fabulous 13 months with 13 things you're doing and one to grow on:
- you eat only table food now - no baby food for this little lady! You LOVE fruits, but not your veggies - so we're working on that. Things you have recently tried and loved: pork tenderloin, hummus, whole wheat cheerios and sugar-free jello! You refuse to let anyone feed you and make all meals quite the party:)
- you've transitioned to whole milk - you drink organic whole milk and love it. I thought it might be tough, but your transition was the easiest one ever - we fixed a whole milk bottle hoping you'd like it and you never looked back.
- you are getting to be such a pro at your sippy cup and love YoBaby Yogurt Smoothies!
- you walk as long as you have something to hold onto - the coffee table bores you now - you'd rather get behind your 'baby walker' and walk around dancing as it plays music
- your vocabulary is expanding - you say all sorts of fun words and try really hard to repeat what others are saying, in your own little gibberish
- you blow kisses and wave hello and bye-bye like an old pro
- you LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE (there isn't enough room to type how big your love is) the outdoors - you've always liked it, but now you demand to be outdoors at least 50% of the day when you are home - you point towards the door or crawl to it and beat on it or pitch a fit until someone takes you out
- anytime you are sitting - in your highchair or car seat you cross your ankles or your legs
- you think your Daddy is the funniest man on earth - you spent all morning today screaming his name (Hey Dada!!) and laughing your head off every time he passed you as he was mowing the yard
- you've got a temper, you sweet little thing! You can pitch a fit faster than anyone I know (even your Mama) and this scares us:) We're hoping it's just a phase!
- you have LOTS of teeth - all but one of your molars are in, you have 4 bottom teeth and 4 top teeth and you bite (hard!)
- you love music and dancing - anytime any sort of jingle (even a commercial) comes on the radio or TV you start dancing
- Your 12 months stats at your check-up were: 20.4 lbs, 29 inches
All that I am or ever hope to be, I owe to my angel Mother.