For a chow she has done extremely well as we've continued to add people to her family - first David, then Cain, next Catherine Ellis and the newest little member, Caroline. Emma loves them all in her own special way, but she still loves her Mama the most. She has been THE best companion for the last 10 years. The best dog a person could ever want. She's the last of her litter left, but we know she'll be around for many, many more years! She runs this house and protects us all fiercely!
Happy Birthday Emma!
Catherine Ellis is 34 months and so much like a little girl these days - the baby days are coming to a close and as usual, this Mama thinks it's bittersweet. I love my sweet baby girl, but we also love how well she is growing and the joy and fun she brings to our lives. Happy 34 months sweet child. You have certainly changed our lives forever!
February 9, 2012
Here are some fun things you're up to these days:
- you have an infectious joy for life - you don't let a moment slip by and you seem to be able to capture the beauty of each day. For this we are eternally grateful that you are a constant reminder to us of just how wonderful life is!
- you can already hold up 3 fingers to show us how old you will be in a couple of months.
- you are charming as the dickens!
- you understand your Nick Junior shows now - you get it when something is funny and you follow along easily.
- you love chapstick - you call it clapstick - you especially like to steal your Daddy's.
- your hair is WILD! It's starting to curl and point in every direction. You look just like your Daddy when you wake up in the morning or from naps!
- you still LOVE your baby dolls - you're a very good Mommy. You typically pick one baby doll to love on for a few weeks and then move on to the next. Right now Suzy is your constant companion.
- you have a passion for jewelry - a little girl after her Mommy's heart:) You wear rings to school every day now.
- you LOVE LOVE LOVE your little sister. You constantly talk to her, help her when we're riding in the car to find her passie, toy, etc. You read books to her, sing to her and play with her. She ADORES you. I hope the two of you are always this close.
- you dislike time out - and it works. You can't stand having to sit on the rug in your room and be away from everyone and all the action.
- dance class on Thursdays is your favorite activity now - I know your first real dance classes this summer will be a huge hit.
- you were one of the stars in Mommy's fundraising video for our homeless child care - you said you wanted to be a Mommy when you grew up - precious!
- Still sleeping well - 11-13 hours most nights.
- Pancakes and chips are your favorite foods this month.
- You've discovered Play Doh - Mommy hates it - you love it!
- You can climb the climbing wall at the park all by yourself - and navigate the slide. A common phrase we here from you "No, I gone do it."
"Rejoice in that day and leap for joy, because great is your reward in heaven."