We are really enjoying this stage in Caroline's life. Her personality is shining through, she's a happy baby, loves to play and wants to be with someone constantly - she's not a loner:) She's on the move - she can army crawl with the best of them and when she adds her mad rolling skills, the girl can GO! Life on the move!
She had her 9 month check up today and is doing well! Here are her stats:
27 inches long -25-50th percentile
18 inches (head) - 90th percentile
Happy 9 months, sweet child! Here are some fun things you're up to these days:
- you are sleeping better this month. January seems to have been a big development leap month for you - as well as teething. You're back to sleeping from 7 p.m. - 6:00 a.m./7:00 a.m. You still have an early morning a couple of times a week, but we'll take it!
- you are starting to eat finger foods - puffs and some soft fruits and veggies. You are eating baby food 3 times a day and a snack of yogurt in the late afternoon. You still nurse 5 times a day. You are a great eater!
- you are on the move! The days of sitting you on the play mat and knowing you'll be right there when we come back in the room are over - you can army crawl and roll to any place you desire.
- you can say Dada and Mama - you say Mama a LOT - and Mama LOVES it:) You say Dada over and over and over when you are mad - ha!
- you are super close to being able to wave bye-bye. We're also working on blowing kisses.
- you think playing peep-pie is so funny!
- you are starting to pull up on things, but you can't pull up to your feet, your knees are typically where you stop.
- you chuckle all the time - you do three little quick chuckles anytime you're concentrating on getting an object or crawling. It's super cute!
- you're napping two times a day - and sometimes you still take a quick catnap after school on the way home.
Sweet child, you certainly complete our joy! We love you to the moon and back! And just a few parting shots of how hard it is to get the wee one to sit still these days:
"I have told you this so that my joy may be in you and that your joy may be complete."