March 15, 2012 - 10 months old
Here are 10 wonderful things you're up to sweet child:
- pulling up on anything that is steady enough for you to pop up! Standing up is ALL you want to do these days. You work very hard every day to perfect your standing and pulling up skills.
- you are still army crawling - you use your knees to stand up or to sit yourself back up, but you're not interested in using them to crawl. That's okay with us - you're a great human Swiffer for the house!
- you are eating well - still on baby food, but we're moving on to table foods. You like strawberries - you tried them last night and they were a hit. Avocado - your sisters favorite food - was not a hit with you. Bananas, you like them okay. Puffs - you're obsessed! You eat three food meals a day and one snack - yobaby yogurt.
- you're still nursing - we just dropped from 5-6 feedings a day down to 4. It's been a transition, but we're hanging in there.
- your sleep this past month wasn't stellar - the first half of your ninth month was great - the past 3-4 weeks have not been. We know you're busying trying to make developmental leaps, teething, etc., but man it's been rough. We've instituted the CIO method again (crying it out, don't judge!) and the past few nights have been better. Sleep training is hard, but one day you'll thank us!
- you say Mama, Dada, ma (mine) and ba (bye). Your favorite word is Mama - not that I'd brag about that or anything:)
- you still only have two teeth - just fine with us - doesn't seem to slow you down.
- you are super laid back - life doesn't seem to ruffle your feathers - we hope this continues as we know a couple of folks in our house that might not be laid back - ha!
- you are a happy baby - you talk non-stop, smile most of the time, and giggle (mostly at your sister, we agree she's pretty entertaining).
- you have allergies it seems - the pollen came out in full force this week and you immediately started coughing, your sweet nose started running, eyes turned red - so sad. You're on Zyrtec until the allergens move on. We hope this is not a sign that you'll have allergies for life like your Daddy.