Here are some wonderful things (no there are not 35) that you are up to, dear child:
- you are 100% potty trained! Such a big girl! You've been wearing big girl panties for months and months, but have still been sleeping in a pull-up at night. You've been dry for a long time and finally your lazy Mommy and Daddy decided to grant your wish of sleeping in your big girl panties at night - and it's been two weeks and you've not had an accident yet! Mommy had a goal of being out of pull-ups at night by 3 - looks like you made it!
- you're attending a new school. You began March 1st and it's been a transition. You really like your new friends and your teachers, but you miss your friends and teachers at the YWCA. You've been such a big girl and have transitioned well for the most part. You're only a block and a half from Mommy and Caroline - and we can watch you on the classroom and playground cameras!
- you are the BEST big sister that a little sister could ask for! You love Caroline so much and she flat adores you - the more mobile she becomes the more bossy you become:) Imagine that. However, you've helped her learn to use her sippy cup, eat puffs and I'm sure before it's all over you'll have taught her many, many more things!
- you are fiercely independent. I used to joke that when you turned two you wanted to move out - well three is no different. If we let you, you'd run the house! We try hard to embrace your independence and love your self-confidence!
- you are pitching more fits and lots of meltdowns when you don't get the certain shoes you want, outfit you think you should wear (and yes, we do let her choose between two, but even those two are not right sometimes), food you want to eat - you get the picture. We've heard three is worse than two - we are scared.
- you're still a social butterfly and are quickly learning all of your new friends parents names, the cars they drive, where they live, etc. The FBI will be lucky to have you one day.
- you are very polite - we're proud of you that you have good manners most of the time.
- you love to play outdoors - the weather has been amazing the past month and with the time change it's like a little slice of heaven here on earth.
- you can dress yourself, put your shoes and socks on and are close to being able to do it all alone!
- you sleep well - you go to sleep at 8:00 p.m. and we wake you around 7:15 a.m. during the week.
- you love the number four - if we ask you how long you napped at school you will say "40 hours". If we tell you it's time for bed, you will say "4 more minutes."
- Bubbles Guppies is your new favorite cartoon these days.
- You still love music - it makes you so happy!
- you are 100% over Mommy taking pictures of you - I still try to take them most mornings during the week, but sometimes it's not worth the fight.
- you can climb into your car seat and fasten your top buckle - we're still working on the bottom buckle.
- the iPad is your favorite 'toy' - you can work it better than Mommy!
- you can talk - a lot - shocker huh? You're favorite thing to say when you might not be a part of a conversation is "let's talk about it."
Dear, sweet child of ours - we adore you. You bring such fun, laughter, compassion and love to this family - God certainly blessed us when he gave us you! The only thing we'd change is slowing down how fast you're growing up! We love you to the moon and back!
At all times and for everything giving thanks in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ to God the Father. Ephesians 5:20