In honor of her 7 months I'll list 7 great things (and one to grow on) that Catherine Ellis is doing these days:
- Almost completely sitting up on her own - she's still a little off balance, but she's getting better every day!
- VOCAL! She's making new noises every day - the newest one is the smacking sound - she'll do it several times in a row and then laugh at herself.
- She's got the wave down-pat - she doesn't always respond when you say bye-bye or hello -but she'll wave.
- She's eaten prunes, carrots, sweet potatoes, squash, peas, apples, bananas, and pears. We've switched from rice cereal to whole grain oatmeal. She eats a breakfast snack and lunch time snack. She's still breastfed, but this past weekend I stopped pumping and I only feed her first thing in the morning and last thing at night before bed.
- She can clap and when you say "Yeah!" she responds with clapping.
- She can roll completely over - her favorite is tummy to back. She hates tummy time and has figured out how to get out of it by rolling over. Smart girl.
- She LOVES her passy - I think it will be a very sad day for us all when we have to 'lose' it.
- Her sleeping habits have improved - the past week she's almost back to normal. She's been waking most nights only once and usually goes right back to sleep. Last night she slept through the night from 8:00 - 6:15 this morning without a peep! We were thrilled and scared - at 5:15 I woke up and thought "Oh no, somethings wrong!" but when I went to check on her she was just fine. It felt AMAZING to have such a wonderful, uninterrupted night of sleep. We hope this trend will continue.
We thank God everyday we are so blessed with such a happy baby. She's a great eater, very social, and loves life in general. We look forward to the next set of milestones that we're approaching. Happy birthday to my sweet girl!