Happy 16 Month Birthday Catherine Ellis! Today is a very big day in your life - not only are you celebrating 16 months, but you're officially moving to the Toddler classroom at school! We are so proud of all of your hard work as you're learning to transition to being a big girl! Mommy and Daddy aren't sure we love it as much as you do, but we're learning too:)
Here are all the fabulous things you're doing at 16 months - 16 with one to grow on:
- you are in the Toddler classroom - today is your official moving day, August 9, 2010
- you are walking - sometimes running with NO fear
- you use your words so well - you can repeat almost anything anyone says and you always try even if it doesn't come out right. Some of your new words that are our favorite this month: pappie (papppiiiiieee), thank you (dank eww), deer (dee), cat (ca), Drew (dew), bee (b), juice (jewsa), go (GO!), out, down (daown), Abby, bubbles (bublas), and Josie.
- you are napping only once a day now -we've dropped the morning nap and your afternoon naps are getting longer (3 hours this past Saturday!)
- you LOVE babies - you like to babysit and help your teacher in the infant classroom when another baby cries
- you are drinking only 2 bottles a day - one in the morning and one at night - the rest of your milk is out of your cup. You're also learning to drink out of a straw
- you love bubbles and try really hard to blow them yourself
- you are eating table food - you want what everyone else has on their plate
- you say 'thank you' after everything - when someone gives you something and when you give yourself something - it's pretty cute
- you give kisses now when prompted - pucker up your lips and all
- you don't like being confined to the changing table or the highchair - AT ALL - you scream out or no most every time - you literally like to 'eat on the go' as you run from place to place
- when you like a certain food you go 'mmmmmm' and shake your head yes and then point to the food meaning you want more
- you understand simple commands like - no (most of the time), go find Daddy, get your juice, etc.
- you love cell phones! Especially Mommy's new iPhone 4 -the camera allows you to see yourself and you think that is so funny
- you can make animal sounds - cow and owl are your favorite - moooo and who who who
- you love opening and closing doors - when you open you say 'hey' and when you close you say 'bye bye'
- you are finally in the 75th percentile for height and weight - stats from your last check-up (15 months) were: 24.4 lbs, 31 inches long