Sweet Caroline is 11 months old (and 4 weeks)! The first year of her life has been quite the ride. What a blessing and joy she continues to be to our family. Her personality has truly come alive and we are watching her become a toddler right before our very eyes. It's amazing how much she has grown and changed since May 15, 2011.
11 months old
What is our precious, gregarious and into-everything 11 month old up to these days:
- You are cruising!! You can walk from thing to thing without missing a beat -sometimes its the furniture that guides you, sometimes the wall or even Mommy or Daddy! Nothing slows you down or gets in your way! You are fast!
- You are no longer army crawling - you've got the true-on-your-knees crawl going on. Part of the "fast" in your get-along.
- You love to eat - I think, although it's hard to believe, that you might like to eat more than Catherine Ellis did at this age! You love fruit, cheese, chicken, pancakes, pizza and especially puffs. Your other favorite these days are graham crackers and veggie chicken nuggets. You try everything at school and often are the only member of the clean plate club in your class. You are showing those boys up!
- You are napping decently again at school - often times two 45 minute naps and every once in a while an hour nap or two hour nap. You still nap two times a day (or should) and on the weekends you cat nap - you don't want to miss a thing! You are sleeping through the night and I'm certain now that I have announced it to the world - you will keep me on my toes, maybe not:)
- You now have 6 teeth! You have your two bottom teeth, two front teeth and are now in the process of cutting the teeth on either side of your two front teeth. It's really bugging you, but we keep telling you you've got a long way to go! Your little smile with your tiny teeth is so cute!
- You can say: mama, ma, dada, hey, bye-bye - the rest of what you say is gibberish, but pretty hysterical because you seem to have figured out just where emphasis in your babbling needs to be in order to make a point.
- You can stand alone - not for every long, but nonetheless, you're standing.
- You throw that beautiful head back when you think something is really funny.
- You think Catherine Ellis is hysterical - even when she doesn't mean to be - like when she falls down, that really gets you going.
- You love peek-a-boo - it's a sure-fire way to make you laugh.
- You are recognizing Cain and Emma more and more - Cain likes you - Emma, bless her heart, is just beside herself that you can now get around and catch her when she tries to run from you.
- You tickle your sides anytime you are thinking something over, planning your next move, or getting your clothes changed - it's precious (I'll try to capture on video!).
- You still ADORE Mama - you prefer her over anyone - even Miss Kia, your beloved infant classroom teacher. If you all know Kia, you know this is a huge feat. And even though its hard sometimes to be the only one that will do for you - I treasure it. Mama knows that in just a few months you'll grow more and more independent and I'll be an after-thought. So thank you for letting Mama have a majority of your snuggles, cuddles and love. I adore you for it!
And the Child grew and became strong in spirit, filled with wisdom; and the grace of God was upon Him.