We can't believe your are four years old today. Where does the time go? In the blink of an eye you have grown from a tiny newborn baby that fit easily and firmly between our two hands to a little girl - one that is full of life, love, compassion, joy and fun! You are solely responsible for changing our journey into the biggest, fullest, hardest and most meaningful journey that two people could take. You were and still are our game changer!
April 9, 2013 - 4 years old
You keep us on our toes, you wow us with your precociousness, your amazement of the world - the big stuff, the little stuff, the fun stuff, the not so fun stuff, you embrace it all dear child. Mommy and Daddy love this journey that you have taken us on. You are one of a kind, one in a million - our Cat Cat.
So in true Cain birthday fashion we'll celebrate all the great and wonderful things you're up to these days! We won't bore you with 48 fabulous things, but we'll hit the highlights:
- You have quite the vocabulary! Each week of school you study a letter of the alphabet - Daddy gives you really hard works like Lazarus and Istanbul for your words of the day - you wow your teachers!
- You finally have enough hair to pull back into pigtails and ponytails - you don't much care for "girlie" hair styles, but you'll take a ponytail any day of the week!
- You are rough and tough - your preference is to rumble and tumble with the boys. But you also have a sensitive side - the best of both worlds!
- You are a great helper when Mommy and Daddy need you to be - sometimes you have a hard time turning your listening ears on, but you are eager to please once they are on.
- You like to run - you run laps in the yard, at school, at the park - you like to run Fun Runs with Mommy.
- Your memory is amazing - you remember most everything you see or hear - a walking, talking audio book just like your Daddy!
- You love to boss your little Sissy around - I guess you get this from me?!?
- You adore you little sister - she adores you - it's the sweetest love there is!
- You have a contagious laugh -it's straight from the belly and the best laugh in the world.
- You are very particular - things must be just right for you. Schedules are your love language - you're as habitual as they come.
- You are funny - you love to tell stories and your prayers are AMAZING at this age.
- You are brave - you like to climb trees and you're a little more daring these days at the playground!
- You love church and Sunday School - it's been so fun to watch you learn all the great bible stories. You told everyone at your birthday party at the aquarium at McWane that Jonah got swallowed by a whale.
- You love praise music - we have your Aunt Coco to thank for that!
- You are very independent - you tell us often that you can "watch" Caroline and for us to "go do something"
- You are very friendly and SUPER social. You know everyone you've ever met once, remember their name and give them huge hugs when you see them - game changer indeed! You brighten people's day!
- You are tall and skinny - 3T fit you in the waist, but are becoming too short. 4T's are too big.
- You are writing your letters well - counting well and loving Spanish. You reminded me over the weekend that sad in Spanish was "triste" - we are, of course, super impressed!
- Dance parties are your jam - you love to sing and dance - the party doesn't get started until you arrive.
- You live life full-throttle - there is no better way sweet girl - keep it up!
The scripture we used to announce your birth still describes you perfectly -
Thanks be to God for his indescribable gift -
2 Corinthians 9:15