I can no longer list an accomplishment for every month - plus you'd get bored - so I'm going to hit the highlights.
Some of the great and wonderful things Catherine Ellis is up to:
- She just began the new school year in her new classroom. She is now a Hungry Caterpillar - in the Twos classroom. This is the beginning of the third week and she seems to have transitioned well.
- She must do EVERYTHING by herself - a common phrase at our house these days "noooooo, I gone do it myself"
- She is completely potty trained at school and super close to being at home. She is dry 5 out 6 times and often is dry through the night - what a big girl. Her next step is big girl panties - such a big girl!
- Her love of books continues to grow - she's quite the reader and Caroline is her captive audience.
- She has a memory like you can't believe - we pass by the pool and she knows we swim there, she knows friends at school and their parents - she knows all their names and the cars they drive - unreal.
- She is a social butterfly - if there is a party - the girl is there. And if there is not a party - it is a party as soon as she arrives.
- She's not napping well at school, but still naps well at home on the weekends. She averages 2 hours and often 3 hours in the late afternoon.
- She's eating well - seems to like most foods and will try most things - does not like tomatoes, but loves all fruits, meats, cheeses, and carbs.
- Her bedtime is between 7:30-8:00 p.m.. We usually have to wake her during the school week around 7:15 a.m. and on the weekends girlfriend typically sleeps until 8:30-9:00 a.m. She wears herself out and anyone else around her:)
- She still has a pappie. UGH. We do talk a lot about the pappie fairy coming to visit - but a part of her Daddy and me don't care that she sleeps with one if it helps her sleep - can I get an Amen??
- She LOVES her baby dolls - all 20 of them, she runs a doll care out of our house.
- She is super helpful (when she wants to be) with Caroline and still ADORES her baby sister. It is the sweetest thing on earth to watch their bond already at such young ages.
- Counts to 12 easily. Knows her ABC's. Knows her colors.
"May Your unfailing love rest upon them even as they put their hope in You."