Catherine Ellis - 3 1/2 years old
October 9, 2012
So what is our adorable, tenacious and gregarious three and a half year old up to these days?:
- she knows her numbers - well - she can count to 50 easily and recognizes most any sequence of numbers - this week she ran to our front door and said "Mommy we live at _____!" and sure enough she got it right!
- she knows letters and can pick them out anywhere too
- she's long and lean - gone are the chubby cheeks and round belly
- she has hair - almost shoulder length hair! We thought this day might never come! Our newest adventure as been wearing bows and clips - these really make her look so old to me!
- she has a song book full of songs and you will find her singing most any day - she has jigs that go along with those songs too - so her love for music and dance have continued.
- she can work a playground all by herself - there is nothing she can't do without us
- she potties, washes her hands, brushes her teeth and gets dressed daily by herself. Most morning she puts on her shoes too unless they need to be tied - we aren't quite there with that yet.
- she really likes to color these days - so far we've only colored on paper and poster board because Mommy has all markers and crayons on lock down at all times:)
- she still loves to cook - we made pumpkin bread and muffins over the weekend
- she's a terrific big sister - patient (most of the time), a good role model and caring.
- she's moved into Pre-K II at school - the Sunshine Friends. She seems to really like her "new" school which isn't so "new" anymore.
- her reasoning skills are better than they were 6 months ago - consequences are something she grasps now - it just depends on her mood for whether or not she cares about them!
- her memory is razor-sharp - there is no hood-winking this kiddo
- she's a creature of habit - we must go the "normal" routes to school/work/Mexican or there might be a meltdown
- she loves a puzzle and is dern good at putting them together
- she's a runner - she LOVES to run - a lot of days she'll ask if she can just go run in the yard - and she'll take off doing laps. Today she ran around the track at the park with her Daddy.
- she's still a good sleeper at home - bedtime is 7:30-7:45 p.m. and she's up by 6:45 - 7:00 a.m. most mornings
- she doesn't nap well at school - most weeks she averages only one or two naps for the whole week, but on weekends she still naps well at home - her naps average 2 hours
- she eats well most days, but she's not a great eater all the time. She has her foods that she loves: french toast sticks/bites, cottage cheese, all fruit, hot dogs, pizza, chicken fingers and fries (you know all that real healthy stuff!).
- she's a great helper - she can help Caroline get in the stroller, chair, etc., she's my assistant grocery shopper and has graduated to pushing the cart through the smaller grocery stores, she helps unload groceries and clean up toys and most days is a lot of help.
- favorite times of the day are still mornings and bath time at night
- she's independent, sassy, fun-loving and sweet (she hugs all of her friends at the end of every day as she leaves)
Catherine Ellis - what a wonderful daughter you are - we are blessed to have you as a part of our family. What a ride this has been - thank you for reminding us why life is so good! We love you to the moon and back!
"I have not stopped giving thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers. I keep asking that...the glorious Father, may give you the Spirit of wisdom and revelation so that you may know him better. I pray also that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in the saints, and his incomparably great power for us who believe…"