I've been to the lactation consultants and have talked with her doctor's nurse several times now. Last week they decided it was reflux - I did not and still do not think it's reflux - after a week of being on Zantac we've not seen any improvement - so as of today she's off of it. There is one more thing - probiotics- that we are going to try and see if it will give her some relief. Please pray for her. She's so tiny and can't cope and is in pain - not fun for her or any of us.
But, even if this is a really hard time we're still finding joy in this precious little girl - here are some things she's been up to at 5 weeks:
- you are nursing better - we've figured out some of our issues and you're still eating well - weighed in at 9.4 lbs last Monday - a baby your age is typically 8.6 lb - our sweet little piggy!
- you take a bottle well now - Mommy needed to get some things under control with her milk production and you ended up taking to the bottle finally - like a champ:)
- you continue to be taken with your sister and let her hold you and give you your passy etc. You don't fuss much when she's 'taking care of her baby'
- you are enjoying your morning walks with Mommy and sleep most of the time
- you can hold your little sweet round head up - you just bob it all over the place
- you love baths - it seems to calm you
- you are more alert and not napping as well - but Mommy is working hard to get the napping back on track
- you still typically only get up once a night to eat - you go down somewhere between 10 -11 p.m. and are up around 3-4 a.m. for your night feeding. We rise in the mornings somewhere between 7:00 - 8:00 a.m. - oftentimes this depends greatly on how cooperative your big sister is and how minimal/loud the morning melt-down is :)
- you fight the swaddle like Houdini - we are using the miracle blanket swaddler now (thank you Amy!!) and it's working better - you still can figure your way out of it some nights!