Here are some things you've been up to in your sixth week of life:
- you are more alert these days - you will stay awake almost an hour after eating some times.
- the ceiling fan is a big hit with you - your sister loved it too (think all babies do!)
- you LOVE the changing table - that seems to be the only place we can get you calm sometimes - works like a charm.
- your tummy issues are still around - you are having more good days though - so that has been nice. We've just about ruled everything out with the doctor and have come to the conclusion that you have colic. Your crying spells are generally at night from 6-10 p.m. We understand that time will heal and that by the time you're 3-4 months it will go away. We sure hope so for your sake (and ours!).
- you are still eating well - during the day you can go a bit longer - sometimes 3 1/2 to 4 hour stretches and at night you still do fabulous - pulling stretches that last sometime between 5-7 hours.
- you sleep well at night for the most part - we swaddle you which helps, but you still have one long stretch (5-7 hours) followed by a shorter one (3-4 hours) which means oftentimes I only have to get up once during the night (if you don't count 4-5 a.m. as night time)
- you tried the play mat for the first time this week - and seem to like it - you kick around and make all kinds of noises.
- your Godmother came to visit you this week - Caroline Flory - she thinks you are precious just like we do:)
- we are working on smiling - you seem like you're on the verge and we're super excited about that