July 3, 2011 - 7 weeks
Here are some things sweet girl is up to these days:
- the colic seems to have reached its peak - week 6 was a rough one for you, but week 7 has been much better to you ... you seem to have learned how to cope a little better and Mommy and Daddy are learning how to soothe you a bit better a well
- you are almost smiling - not a full smile, but you certainly are close!
- you are making more sounds - oohing, ahhing a bit
- your awake time is increasing - after eating you are wake now about 45 minutes before you are ready to sleep
- you do not want to sleep in your crib during the day - you've been fighting this since week 5 - Mommy is going to work with you this week to try to get you back to your crib at least once or twice a day
- you love sleeping in the swing - can I get a loud AMEN for whoever invented baby swings??? Thank you Jesus!
- you're still eating well - fussy at times, but not near what you were. You're eating 6-7 times a day.
- you are still super good to us at night - your stretches are now averaging between 6-8 hours the first stretch and then 3-4 hours the next. Your last feeding is between 8-9 p.m. most nights and your first morning feeding is typically somewhere between 5-7 a.m. I typically only have to feed you once in the middle of the night - somewhere between 2-4 a.m.
- you continue to fight the swaddle - bless you - but it sure helps you sleep at night!
- you are starting to calm yourself enough to fall asleep during the day sometimes on your own for about 10 minutes - this is huge for you!
- you can follow me with your eyes and turn your head a bit when I walk away from you
- you can hold up your head fairly well for a few seconds and then it comes crashing down
From the fullness of his grace we have all received one blessing after another.
~ John 1:16
~ John 1:16